Safety & Compliance
In Australia, legislation dictates that everyone in the supply chain has a level of responsibility – from the person who consigns the goods through to the forklift driver who loads them, the scheduler and the driver. That means that we all share the responsibility relating to:
- Vehicle mass (overloading)
- Load dimensions (over width, over height or over length)
- Load restraint (poorly or unrestrained loads)
- Heavy vehicle maintenance (vehicle roadworthiness)
- Driver fatigue.
Transforce takes its role in the chain of responsibility very seriously and strives to be the strongest link. We have comprehensive policies and procedures, driver and staff training, accreditation programs and external audit processes in place and work with our customers to make sure they can lawfully discharge their obligations.
Our transparent, collaborative and consultative approach helps eliminate or minimise our customer’s exposure to chain of responsibility risks and our robust compliance and safety systems reassure our customers that we put safety above all else.
Our accreditations include:
Trucksafe– an industry based accreditation based on comprehensive management
systems (eg WHS, Driver Health, Drug and Alcohol)
- National Heavy Vehicle Accreditation Scheme (NHVAS) – a Government accreditation scheme managed by the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator. We have NHVAS accreditation for:
- Mass Management (for heavy loads)
- Maintenance Management (for maintenance and annual vehicle inspections)
- Basic Fatigue Management (allowing us to take a flexible approach to time management)
- Advanced Safety Systems Australia – certified Work Health and Safety Systems
We also have the experience and expertise to liaise with the various regulators across all Australian jurisdictions to ensure your experience is hassle free across state and territory borders.